- About our Terms
- These terms explain how you may use the website www.technical-terms.co.uk
- You should read these terms carefully before using the site.
- By accessing or using the site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be legally bound by these terms.
- If you do not agree with or accept any of these terms, you should stop using the site immediately.
- We are Technical Terms Limited (company registration number 10355139) and our registered office is at Blake House, 18 Blake Street, York YO1 8QG. You can contact us by telephone on 01904 899794 or by email at email@example.com
- Using the Site
- The site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the site from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
- We seek to make the site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the site if you do not comply with any part of these terms or any applicable law.
- Your privacy and personal information
- Your privacy and personal information are important to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be dealt with in line with our privacy notice, which explains what personal information we collect from you, how and why we collect, store, use and share such information, your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a query or complaint about the use of your personal information.
- Our privacy notice is available herea>.
- Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- The site and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any content are owned by Technical Terms Limited, Simon Ward or our licensors. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these terms. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
- Nothing in these terms grants you any legal rights in the site other than as necessary to enable you to access the site. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the site.
- Submitting information to the Site
- While we try to make sure that the site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential.
- Whilst we encourage comments on blogs and other materials, you should not post any comments that you would not wish to put into the public domain.
- Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
- While we try to make sure that the site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the site is at your own risk.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of the site at any time as we see fit.
- Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our services, as well as news, features, services that may be of interest.
- NOTHING ON THE SITE CONSTITUTES LEGAL ADVICE OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED ON FOR ANY PURPOSES.
- If you require legal advice, you must instruct us formally or instruct another solicitor or legal professional.
- Hyperlinks and third party sites
The site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- Limitation on our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when these terms were formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
- Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these terms has any right to enforce any of these terms.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms shall be interpreted in accordance with English law.
- The courts of England shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.